Community Hospital North
The $170 million expansion, “The Next Evolution in Health Care” officially opened in April 2007 and consists of a 6-story patient tower addition, 1,000 car parking garage, 5-story medical office building, connecting walkways/skybridge, and relocation/expansion of numerous departments.
Patriot’s Responsibilities Included:
- Field Density Testing: Grade raise fill, utility trench backfill, foundation backfill, foundation wall backfill, aggregate base for slab on grade and pavements
- Plastic Concrete & compressive strength testing: foundations, foundation walls, slab on grade, supporting slabs, concrete pavements, and walks, parking garage – foundations, columns, post-tensioned beams and slabs.
- Resteel Inspection: above noted reinforced concrete and post-tension concrete including tension location, spacing, clearance, ties, supports, stressing records, elongation measurements, and gauge pressure
- Masonry: inspection included reinforcing steel, bond beam reinforcing, horizontal joint reinforcing, grout, and mortar testing
- Structural Steel: High strength bolted connections, visual weld, full penetration welds by ultrasonic, fit-up, anchor bolts
- Floor Flatness
- Asphalt Paving: In place density testing, temperature monitoring, extraction/gradiations
- Proofrolling observations: stripped subgrades for all building pads and proposed pavement sections
- Concrete Floor Moisture Testing: vapor emission testing
- Topsoil Analysis: landscape areas