INDIANA CONVENTION CENTER EXPANSION PHASE IV Indianapolis, Indiana
Construction began in May of 1998 for this 300,000 square feet expansion and was completed in April of 2001. This project included three foundation types; 5'-8' caissons for the massive columns, conventional spread footings for smaller exhibit areas, and low-overhead auger cast piles, which were installed in existing hallways. Also, tight floor flatness / floor levelness (FF/FL) requirements were specified for this project. Further, over 200 foot spans required 8 very large structural steel trusses containing over 1800 bolts. Patriot inspected the steel at both the fabrication shop and in the field.